Friday, April 27, 2012

Spiderman 2

Don%26#39;t worry I don%26#39;t think he%26#39;s real, but I can%26#39;t guarantee I won%26#39;t be looking out for him when we visit in October!





I am just interested to know where the subway was - in the bit when he stopped the train just before it went over the edge into the water?



Thanks



CathyC



Spiderman 2


Hi Cathy. There are no such above ground trains in Manhattan. All the subways in Manhattan are underground. This little bit of fiction was also seen in the Batman movie. I guess the writers like the look of the train passing overhead. The subways outside Manhattan do run above ground. You can also take the Roosevelt Island tram.



Spiderman 2


I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s true, the bit in the movie was fictitious but the subway does go above ground. In fact, about 40% of the subway is above ground.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Subway




I don%26#39;t know of an above ground subway station in Manhattan proper. Above Central Park, the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment