Thursday, April 26, 2012

please help with my trip plans

Hello everyone,





I was wondering if you could let me know if this is a realistic itinerary.



Thanks, and by the way, we plan to walk most of it.





Day One: (will start around 3pm to 8pm)



Upper East Side: Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park Zoo, Tisch Zoo, F. A. O. Schwarz, Bloomie%26#39;s, Sak%26#39;s





Day Two: (all day)



Midtown: Rockefeller Center, Grand Central, Times Square, Flatiron/Union Square, Shopping on Fifth, Burger Joint





Day Three:(all day)



Greenwich Village, Soho, Nolita, Chinatown - canal street, Ground Zero, Century 21





Day Four: (8am to 12noon)



Upper West Side: Children%26#39;s Museum of Manhattan, Barnes and Noble Superstore, Serendipity III, Pasta Lover%26#39;s



please help with my trip plans


Looks reasonable to me.



please help with my trip plans


Looks great! But, Day Two is a little out of order. I%26#39;d go shopping on Fifth, Rock Center, Times Square and then Grand Central. Take 4,5,6 to Union Square. Or, Fifth Ave., Grand Central, Times Square and then Rock Center, take F to 23 St. for Flatiron District.





Don%26#39;t forget to stop in to the main branch of the NY Public Library (Social Sciences) on Fifth Ave and 42 St.




Thanks for your help. BUt, If I am staying at the Belvedere on West 48th, does it still make sense to do Day Two in that order???




Re day 2: I see. If you%26#39;re at 48th already, then yes, start with Rock Center. Basically, it won%26#39;t be a neat little loop - which, I suppose, is what I was going for. Why? I don%26#39;t know.





Really, who cares? It%26#39;s fun just strolling around, so no matter how you see those sites, you%26#39;ll enjoy yourself!! they are all inthe same area (except for Union Sq./Flatiron). Zig-zag away!




I%26#39;m not sure how old your children are, but we were a little disapointed in the Children%26#39;s Museum. My kids were 1 1/2 and 4 at the time. There wasn%26#39;t as much to do for the older one and things were a little worn out. Great concept but poor execution. I don%26#39;t know how set you are on going, but this is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment