Thursday, April 26, 2012

Zabar's CC Cheese Strudel -Bettina?

Bettina, I%26#39;m now fixated on tasting Zabar%26#39;s chocolate chip cheese strudel when I visit this fall - thanks to you! (that%26#39;s a good thing!)



My question is..will they have these available all day long or are their pastries generally only available in the morning/until sold out?



I%26#39;m quite looking forward to exploring this store and adding to my black %26amp; white cookie obsession.



Thanks.



Zabar's CC Cheese Strudel -Bettina?


If Bettina (or anyone else) doesn%26#39;t know, you could just send them an email at www.zabars.com and ask.



Zabar's CC Cheese Strudel -Bettina?


Go early just to be sure. Sometimes I go on my way home from work, and they%26#39;re often sold out of my favorite bread by that time (it%26#39;s a sourdough boule (sp?) baked with black olives!).





They sell the strudel both at the deli counter and the bread counter. Go to the bread counter, and at the same time pick up a few chocolate ruggalach. Not the pre-packaged ones.... get the loose ones.





(www.weightwatchers.com)




LOL!!





Thanks so much for the tips. I%26#39;m ignoring the link. :)





As far as my hips are concerned, all bets are off once the plane touches down. I%26#39;ll be stretching my stomach in preparation for the Christmas season. Who says I don%26#39;t care about my body? ;)





(To be honest, as I write I%26#39;m breaking in my new gel sneakers for all that walking we%26#39;ll be doing to counter the calories)




chilly2, while you%26#39;re at Zabar%26#39;s getting the carbohydrates, get some exercise and walk up the stairs to the mezzanine level. They have a great housewares department with reasonable prices.




Am I right in thinking Zabar%26#39;s is like a deli/grocery store? Is there only one or are there a few of them?




There is only one at 80th Street and Broadway.





http://broadway.zabars.com/live/




Gourmet food market. Only one Zabar%26#39;s. Fairway is nearby though as another option. Fairway has 2 locations in Manhattan, one very near Zabars.





鈥abars.com/on/鈥?/a>





www.fairwaymarket.com/index.cfm?Area=Label




Thank you both.




Sorry, me again.





Are there any similar markets around west 55th Street where we%26#39;ll be staying? We%26#39;ll just want to get a few basics in at the start of our week without trailing too far. Then on our travels we can check out Zabars etc.



Jackie




Where on 55th St are you staying? There is a wonderful Whole Foods in the Time Warner Center, 10 Columbus Circle (near Broadway @60th Street). Great stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment